Saturday, July 16, 2016

Seeing Red...

I've had some extended time alone, and realize I haven't written a post since April.

A brief report.

I've been traveling, sewing and continue with my de-cluttering and organizing. 

I made myself a commitment
 to get my place settled and into my studio before the end of the summer. 

It's been a huge undertaking.

 Moving is hard.

 Disrupting.

It's often been difficult to maintain and re-establish equilibrium. 

And it seems to be the theme of my adult life. 

In my case, I believe it's greatest toll is felt on my creative pursuits.

 The giant glitches in my computer over the past two years have also taken their toll. 

For instance, as I attempt to post a photo from my phone, this is the new muck I must wade through before it happens….

iPhoto has detected inconsistencies in your library. Please click Repair to avoid any potential problems.

So today I have a dye pot on the stove filled with Avocado skins and pits.

 I'm hoping for the pinkish color that's claimed.

Sort of this color….


or a 'Wood Rose' shade would be nice.

In the mean time, as I photographed this zinnia, 
I became enamored with the quality of light shining on my stove top. 

In addition to the soft pink….

thanks to this morning's visit to our local grower's market...

I noticed some reds.

Raspberry


and


Tomato.

I was amazed to see what local growers produced in this year's searing heat and drought.

The pickings were slim at best, 


but SO appreciated.




2 comments:

  1. welcome back to blogworld. i go away too sometimes. glad the color sang toyou this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Velma! I've been thinking about you lately. ox

    ReplyDelete