Friday, February 12, 2016

Dallas, Texas….



I am in the Dallas area to visit with my dear Sis and her boys….

two young men at University and making a living here…

As I travel with my love, who happens to be an architect,

along with the joy and loving connection to family,

together we always seek out….

Beauty.




as experienced in this atmospheric room…an installation by Ann Veronica Jansenns 

at the Nasher Sculpture Center in the museum district of Dallas, TX


Happening upon this sculpture by Magdalena Abakanowicz


gave me great pleasure….as I'd never seen her 'Crowd' in person




even the chairs made me smile….


and I swooned over these card stock models of his sculptures by Tony Smith.

We headed over to the Dallas Museum of Art  nearby





and then to the sublime Kimball Art Museum in Fort Worth





Where I found my



Happy Place...




4 comments:

  1. oh, wow, i used to visit these museums regularly, the kimball was my favorite. lots of change since 1978 when i lived there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I looked at the site and the Kimball people refer to the Kimball as 'luminous'….. for a built environment to be referred to as luminous is quite a feat. And Gosh! You lived here??!!!! I can't imagine it myself. It's a very bustling place for sure.

      Delete