Monday, November 12, 2012

A walk on the ditch.........

The North Valley of Albuquerque has a network of ditches that at one time irrigated the farmlands north of town........
these ditches pull water off the Rio Grande......and leave the river dry in the summer some miles south of the city.  
The Cottonwood lined 'ditch-ways' now create avenues for walking and running and riding horses........
and are a special feature if you live near one. 



This day I took a walk......to find the lone walnut tree I discovered last year........bags in hand......
in anticipation of a large haul.........

.......I was disappointed to find someone else had the same idea......

.....so I picked the old nuggets overlooked and left to dry from the year before.......

and took solace 


that I beat them to it last year!



2 comments:

  1. the old ones will give very fine colour too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx.....I'm counting on that.....I still have the ones from last year!

    ReplyDelete