Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Prayers for Queensland...............

It was my great privilege to call Brisbane my home port while I was in Australia a few short months ago......and while I was there I experienced the beginning of this trend of the wet season........one day while out for lunch........we were drenched to our knees in the water that rivered in the city streets........so this report of flooding is devastating..........

There is a gentle river that winds gracefully through the city............a beautiful bridge and a riverwalk had been recently built........Roz and I walked that path my last day in Australia.........reports are that portions of the walk have broken loose and torpedoed down the river........causing devastation in it's path.......

I found this bit of technology in searching for something to illustrate what Brisbane with it's river looks like..............














OK that was a little too scary!

The river peaked at 4.46 meters............not as bad as was predicted.............and not nearly the 7 meters in this illustration.............but you can see how the river meanders............

The last I heard from Roz was on January 7th........they were pretty waterlogged.........and talking about heading south for a getaway........I have not heard from her since........

They live on a hill.........with family near by.........I am trusting they are High and well not Dry, but Safe........and am sending my prayers to Roz and Mal and their family and to Queensland.........may they all be Safe and Sound..........and the doggone rain stops!

Please join me...................

Addendum: My friend has since contacted me...."many homes are a stinking mess or washed away......confirmed 14 dead, 17 missing......."  She and her family are enduring great personal sadness on an unrelated front........so prayers still appreciated.......thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment