Sunday, October 24, 2010

Message to the Universe..................

I booked my trip to Bali on the spur of the moment............my guides as my guide...........

"To Ubud", they said................"JUST DO IT!!!"

So I did.  Not knowing where I'd stay........and really no time to think about it with the rest of my journey spinning in my head.  I was also advised not to worry about it.  So I did not.

But then a message came to "book early" and it was already late..... and as a result, all the recommended places to stay were fully booked.

Yet somehow I was led to this little homestay, I now call home for a bit.  A lovely place. But very rustic......the good news is it is clean and nice and safe and in the center of this tiny bustling city and only costs 100,000 Indonesian Rupies............the eye rubbing equivalent to $10 or so US or Australian per night.  Breakfast included.....hot water shower....en suite bath.......

The less than perfect part is it is bloody hot here..........sorry for the crude speech, but I've been in Australia for a while................

And I am longing for a pool............a pristine..............pool...........like the ones in the brochures......so this morning I took a walk..........early enough to be able to walk the streets without fear of being run down by motorbikes...........Shangri La is not perfect............





I quickly found this.................

and fully booked at $350 US per night..........








Ever curious, I walked a bit further and found this...













And this and more.................








And what I found they all had in common.........




Were Spas...............hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Perhaps I can enjoy the many pools of Ubud, Bali after all.................my vessel is calling for attention.

To be continued................

No comments:

Post a Comment